License to Carry Course
License to Carry course (formerly CHL) is required by the State of Texas to obtain a license. Course duration is approximately 4-6 hours. During the period of instruction, you will learn about:
- Laws as they relate to carrying a handgun and the use of force
- Safe storage
- Non-violent dispute resolution
- Handgun use and safety (including use of retention holsters)
The first step in getting your Texas license to carry is to take the class. The required material taught in class is on a very basic level and easy to understand. We will cover the application process in the class so there is nothing you need to do before taking the class.
The shooting qualification portion of the course is required by the State of Texas to demonstrate your ability to safely and properly handle and shoot a handgun. New shooters are always welcome and often don’t have any issues with the shooting qualification portion.
What to bring to the class:
- Semi-automatic handgun or a revolver (unloaded and in a box) in good repair and have NO modifications that will make the handgun less safe.
- Baseball Cap
- Safety or Prescription Glasses
- Ear Protection
- Footwear that covers both feet entirely
- One box of 50 round ammunition (brass only)
- NO RELOADED, HANDLOADED or SURPLUS AMMUNITION ALLOWED. Use commercial ammunition only.
- Handgun Rentals Available
Cost per student is $65.00 including range fees, target and eye and ear protection (if needed).