License to Carry (LTC/CHL)
This is a required class by the State of Texas to obtain a license to carry a handgun. The average total class time including classroom and range qualification is 5 hours. The first step in getting your Texas license to carry is to take the class. The required material taught in class is on a very basic level and easy to understand. You now have the option to take the Texas license to carry class online or in person. If you would like to take it online click here: Take Class Online. The required shooting portion of the class is also on a very basic level and focuses mostly on safe gun handling. We will cover the application process in the class and provide you with instructions so there is nothing you need to do before taking the class.
During the class period of instruction, you will learn about:
- Laws as they relate to carrying a handgun and the use of force
- Safe storage
- Non-violent dispute resolution
Range Instruction: Handgun use and safety
- 20 shots at 3 yards
- 20 shots at 7 yards
- 10 shots at 15 yards
What to bring to the class:
- Semi-automatic handgun or a revolver (unloaded and in a box or bag) in good repair and have NO modifications that will make the handgun less safe.
- Baseball Cap
- Safety, Prescription or Sunglasses Glasses
- Ear Protection
- Footwear that covers both feet entirely
- 50 rounds
- NO RELOADED, HAND LOADED or SURPLUS AMMUNITION ALLOWED. Use commercial ammunition only.
We offer gun rentals for $25 (ammo included)
Cost per student is $85.00